Trail Finder Challenge
This year celebrating National Trails Day looks a little different. Instead of hiking in large groups or gathering at big events, Piedmont Land Conservancy and Piedmont Legacy Trails propose a quieter celebration – Finding and exploring the trails close to home all throughout the month of June!
Explore Local Trails and Win Prizes!
In honor of National Trails Day (June 6th) we are hosting a challenge- the more trails you visit, the higher your chances of winning! The Challenge ends at midnight on June 30, 2020 after which prize winners will be announced. Your participation, whichever option you take, will help support our mission to connect more trails and encourage more people to spend time outdoors exploring the Piedmont.
There are a few ways to play (and win):
- The Giving Way: Register below, make a donation of $35, receive merch, explore local trails in your new merch, and submit Trip Reports to win!
- The Competitive Way: Register below, explore a trail, and submit Trip Reports to win!
- The Social Way: Pick a trail, explore, and post a photo from one of our categories below and tag it with #TrailFinderChallenge and #NationalTrailsDay to win!
The Giving Way:
With a donation of $35 dollars or more along with your registration you’ll get some PLC x PLT merch: Hiking socks and a bandana! These items will be available for pick-up (drive through style – we’ll have our masks on!) in Winston-Salem and Greensboro on Saturday June 13th and Tuesday June 30th.
Competing for Prizes
1. The Giving & Competitive Way
Visit all the trails in the Triad! For every trail you visit submit a Trip Report (More about trip reports here). Whoever visits the most trails in the Triad in the month of June wins! There are 4 ways to win:
- Most Trails Visited Overall
- Most Trails Biked
- Most Trails Hiked
- Most Trails Paddled
2. The Social Way
The second way to win! Enter a photo contest via social media. Your image needs to fit into one of the 4 categories below:
- Trails in Action – Show us the energy of the humans who hike, bike, paddle, run, jump, and dance down Piedmont Legacy Trails.
- Four-Legged Trailblazer – Show us your pet companions exploring Piedmont Legacy Trails!
- Flora and Fauna – Document the other species who call trails home.
- That Trail Feeling – How do trails make you feel? Get creative and show us!
Post your photo on social media, tag both @PiedmontLegacyTrails and @PiedmontLand, make sure the caption includes what trail you’re exploring and the hashtag #TrailFinderChallenge. Winners will be selected on July 1st and featured in on our social media. Note that for your post(s) to count, your social media profile needs to be made public on judging day- July 1st.
Finding New Trails
Check out some of our guides to get you started finding beauty in the Triad.
Coming soon! Local to Greensboro
Coming Soon! Local to Winston-Salem
Support trails and greenways in our community by participating in the Trail Finder Challenge this month. Because we could all use more time outdoors.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for trail suggestions, trail events, and trail news in the Piedmont Triad.
Connecting you to trails in the Piedmont Triad. 🛶🌲Tag us on your adventures 👉#piedmontlegacytrails!